Cybersecurity (also know as computer security or information security) is important whether it is for your home or work computing. Your system can find itself under attack from a variety of sources. We have gathered a few resources together to help your defense. If you don't have time to read these, at least follow these simple rules:
- Think before you click on a link in email or on a website.
- Don't open any type of attachment if you are unsure of its origin.
- If you find a USB drive and do not know where it came from, do not check its contents on your computer.
- Use anti-virus software on all computers, keep the software updated, and keep the virus signatures file updated daily.
- Keep your operating system updated every time a new patch is available - This could be a weekly task.
- Use malware detection software on all computers, keep the software updated, and keep the malware signatures file updated daily.
- Make sure your firewall is turned on.
Select one of the links below (or use the horizontal navigation at the bottom) to read any comments we have regarding the site. From there you will be able to visit these external websites.